One of the effects of financial literacy among the youths and millennials is that they no longer want to own a car.
Also, the 2020 global pandemic has prevented a lot of people from using public transport systems when travelling. This has led to the increase in the value of car rental companies like Uber because of the flexibility they provide for travellers. Check UK.collected.reviews for other car rental services.
Because everyone had to stay at home, most people had to go online to check for reviews of car dealers before they patronize them. This means that companies that provide car rental services only by traditional means will not be able to cope, except they adapt. Luckily, it is possible to run its car rental service online completely. However, certain things should be known about the web-based online car rental system.
Types of Booking System
The kind of service you provide would determine the type of booking system.
- Self-Owned: If you have your fleet of cars, your customers don’t need to waste time calling or sending emails to book vehicles. They can simply do everything online or through your app.
- Partnership: If you are partnering with different drivers, you need a portal for your customers and your drivers, then a dashboard for the admin.
- Hybrid: This is needed if you have your fleet of cars, but you still want customers to be able to book cars that you do not have. Here, your car booking system will take care of all third-party bookings.
Your target audience can include commercial travellers, vehicle owners and drivers. The type of car you are going to rent out depends on your area, as some cars are suited for certain areas. You also have to determine if you want to rent out your cars for long or short distances.Your target audience should determine your user interface.
Features of a Web-Based Online Car Rental System
- Log-in/Sign-up: With pre-registered ids, users should be able to login. Intending users should create new accounts using their name, email and other necessary details. There should be an option to login using other social media channels and email.
- Profile: The personal profile information, like gender, username, age, saved cards etc. should be managed.
- Notification: Let your users get notification and updates about the status of the cars they have booked. Updates can be made via text messages or email.
- Search/Filter: Your users should be able to search for the kind of vehicles they want by filtering the vehicles based on the air conditioner, model, luggage size and seater. This option gives your users the feeling that they are in control.
- Chat: Customers should be able to chat with their drivers to know their location in real-time.
- Payments: This is for choosing the method of payment and currency and also for viewing the history of completed transactions and payment receipts.
- Support: In case there is a misunderstanding, this is where users can seek customer support and go through answers to the FAQ.
- Rate and Reviews: Users should be able to rate and drop comments about their experiences.
Add additional features, like links to your social media accounts on your website. The user interface is very important and advisable to make your website look interactive.